North Carolina New Schools helps district leaders realize their vision for their district by capitalizing on strengths, identifying barriers to growth, and creating a customized impact plan for continuous improvement through educational innovation. Our core work is founded in the belief that vertical alignment in schools — those where teachers, principals and district administrators all share common expectations and understanding of excellent instruction — is a non-negotiable for deep and lasting educational improvement.
Though each district’s development plan is unique, all are founded on three objectives:
- Ensure instructional effectiveness among educators
- Engage in strategic collaboration with district and school leaders
- Implement talent development programs for all levels of professionals
Our staff of highly accomplished education leaders provide services including:
- Consulting support for district administrators
- Customized service solutions
- Leadership development for district and school leaders
- Instructional coaching for teachers
- Professional learning and peer networking opportunities for teachers and administrators
- Structured site visits to exemplar schools
- Purposeful partnerships with local businesses, community organizations and higher education
As a result of our efforts, districts and their schools see significant, sustained increases in academic achievement. In turn, all students are able to graduate with the knowledge and skills required for success in college and careers.
Examples of Service Options
- Career academies in partnership with National Academy Foundation
- Executive coaching for district leaders
- Coach University
- Customized on-site professional learning
- Creating Transformational Learning Communities Group training
- Project-based learning training
- Content-specific instructional coaching
Examples of District Approaches
Click on the following links to read more about how our district innovation efforts are changing education in the these partner districts:
- Charlotte-Mecklenburg Schools incorporates career academies and instructional coach development.
- Duplin County Schools takes college awareness and readiness to every student in the district.
- Surry County Schools expands its college-going focus beyond the early college.